Newsroom Update

watchOS 11 brings powerful health and fitness insights. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Move ring reopens

I am using the Bowflex JRNY app and it writes to my exercise rings (sometimes) and I even get the ring closed notifications, but later on the same (or another day) it removes the active calories from that workout and occasionally reopens the move ring. It DOES NOT remove minutes from the exercise ring.

Apple Watch Series 5, watchOS 9

Posted on Feb 3, 2023 7:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 5, 2023 8:52 PM

To anyone else having this issue. I believe I have the answer. I changed the priority for JRNY to be on the top of the list to write workout data. My move ring wrote properly after syncing my ride to Apple Health (simply by opening the JRNY app on my iPhone after the ride). The active calories stayed this time.

I didn’t have to remove my Apple Watch, nor do any rebooting of devices nor make sure I didn’t open any apps after logging the active calories.

You can find this setting in the Health App->Browse->Activity->Workouts->Data Sources & Access

When you click “Edit”, you can rearrange the priority order of what writes to your Health App.

It worked for me, I hope this helps others! A better result than “I suggest you contact Bowflex…”

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 5, 2023 8:52 PM in response to CalConner

To anyone else having this issue. I believe I have the answer. I changed the priority for JRNY to be on the top of the list to write workout data. My move ring wrote properly after syncing my ride to Apple Health (simply by opening the JRNY app on my iPhone after the ride). The active calories stayed this time.

I didn’t have to remove my Apple Watch, nor do any rebooting of devices nor make sure I didn’t open any apps after logging the active calories.

You can find this setting in the Health App->Browse->Activity->Workouts->Data Sources & Access

When you click “Edit”, you can rearrange the priority order of what writes to your Health App.

It worked for me, I hope this helps others! A better result than “I suggest you contact Bowflex…”

Feb 3, 2023 9:52 PM in response to javaliga

Hi javalinga

Thanks for nothing. Your answer provided no useful information towards solving the issue.

Many people, myself included, have already contacted Bowflex about this issue.

Guess what? It is the same issue with many other fitness apps. This issue isn’t specific to Bowflex. The common denominator is Apple, so I came here to Apple looking for answers.

If you don’t have anything useful to provide, then perhaps just scrolling on by should be your choice vs causing a notification telling me someone replied and hopefully helped with the issue.

Here is what a potentially helpful response looks like:

I know others are experiencing the same issue I am having as described above. I noticed my Apple Watch was set to a higher priority than the JRNY app to write active calories. I changed it so the JRNY app is higher in Apple Health settings. I will report if it fixed the issue after my workout tomorrow. Fingers crossed.

if this does fix it, it is an Apple setting, not a 3rd party app issue as suggested by a previous (useless) reply.

Move ring reopens

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.