Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ringtone goes silent

When ringing someone the ring tone goes silent after few seconds but still says calling.. I checked the accessibility settings & it’s off for attention awareness but still happens?

iPhone 13, iOS 16

Posted on Feb 4, 2023 3:50 AM

2 replies

Feb 6, 2023 12:57 PM in response to Sheill

Hi Sheill,

You started from a great resource: Use tones and ringtones with your iPhone or iPad

For help with ringtones and sounds on your iPhone, test the steps below found in the article here: If you hear no sound or distorted sound from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch speaker - Apple Support

"Follow these steps

1. If your device has a Ring/Silent switch, move the switch forward—toward the device's display—so that orange isn't showing. If you're using an iPad, you can also swipe down from the top-right corner to open Control Center and make sure that Silent Mode is off. 

iPhone ring/silent switch

2.Open Settings > Focus > Do Not Disturb and make sure that Do Not Disturb is off."

If the issue remains, you can also test the steps in the section "If you want to try more steps on your own."

Should you continue to have trouble, reach out to Apple Support directly to further assist.

Contact - Official Apple Support

Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

Best.

Feb 28, 2023 12:44 PM in response to Sheill

Hey mate, I've been dealing with this problem for 2 years and still haven't resolved that. I tried 4 different phones, 2 Apple ID's, 3 complete software reinstallations, disabled multiple settings. I haven't figured it out. Hours and hours trying to solve this and nothing. I am on the edge of switching to android.

To my knowledge what I noticed to make sure your phone will ring. Do NOT install any 3rd party apps, NO 3rd party keyboards especially and every evening CLOSE all apps in the backround. If you do that regularly your phone should ring.

Ringtone goes silent

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.