Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

!MAC NOT OPERATING PROPERLY!

Hi! My Mac has been having constant errors and it is currently running macOS Big Sur version 11.4

It says that it needs to update to macOS Big Sur Version 11.6 but it doesn't successfully update (And yes I checked if there is sufficient space and I have retried the update multiple times). With that, I can't open and run Safari and I have to use Firefox as an alternative. I shut down the mac but it will flash an error message and then restart again. I tried running the sbin/fsck -fy to try and fix any corrupt files but then it sends a message saying,

"warning: option -f is not implemented, ignoring error: container /dev/rdisk2 is mounted with write access"

Any suggestions on what I can do to fix this problem?

iMac 21.5″, macOS 11.4

Posted on Feb 4, 2023 4:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 4, 2023 7:05 AM

18IronMan wrote:
It says that it needs to update to macOS Big Sur Version 11.6 but it doesn't successfully update

Describe what happens. Do any messages appear?

Also, please determine if the same problems occur in "Safe Mode": How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support.

Similar questions

2 replies

Feb 4, 2023 5:30 PM in response to John Galt

It says something like, "Error, couldn't update software update successfully. Please check the internet connection and try again." I checked it up and my model cannot even update to the macOS Big Sur Version 11.6 so I feel that the small download of files affected the Safari program files and now I'm unable to use it as my default browser. I question why the update even came up if it's not even compatible to the Mac model I have

!MAC NOT OPERATING PROPERLY!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.