Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What do I need to do when I change my iPhone 13 to iPhone 8?

I"m changing my phone to iphone 8 from iphone 13? Please what do I need to do when i change my iphone 13 to iphone 8?

regards

Omowumi

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Feb 4, 2023 6:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 4, 2023 6:12 AM

Apple’s process for doing this is quite mature and reliable.

It generally depends on your old phone being fully backed-up beforehand …

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

… and then transferring it all to your new phone.

Make sure that you KNOW your AppleID and password beforehand AND carefully read all the prompts on your new phone. (i.e. make sure that you’re entering EXACTLY what is asked for by the prompt)

Transfer data from your previous iOS or iPadOS device to your new iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 4, 2023 6:12 AM in response to omowumivbabalola11

Apple’s process for doing this is quite mature and reliable.

It generally depends on your old phone being fully backed-up beforehand …

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

… and then transferring it all to your new phone.

Make sure that you KNOW your AppleID and password beforehand AND carefully read all the prompts on your new phone. (i.e. make sure that you’re entering EXACTLY what is asked for by the prompt)

Transfer data from your previous iOS or iPadOS device to your new iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Feb 4, 2023 7:23 AM in response to omowumivbabalola11

Doh!

Just re-read your post !!!

Don’t think there is any “automated” method available to migrate from “new” to “old.”

While you can easily migrate the phone number by shifting the SIM, moving your data is another matter.

Your 13 saves it’s data in a “newer” iOS than your 8 is even capable of running.

Any transition will need to be mostly “manually” accomplished.

What do I need to do when I change my iPhone 13 to iPhone 8?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.