Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mirror Front Camera toggle still has no effect

The front camera on my iPhone 14 Pro is always mirrored, despite the Mirror Front Camera setting being turned off. I’ve closed all apps, shut off the phone, and installed the latest upgrade (iOS 16.3 (20D47)). No change.

Posted on Feb 4, 2023 8:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 4, 2023 8:34 AM

To take a selfie that captures the shot as you see it in the front-facing camera frame, rather than reversing it, go to Settings > Camera, then turn on Mirror Front Camera (on iPhone XS, iPhone XR, and later) or Mirror Front Photos (iPhone X and earlier).

Take a selfie with your iPhone camera - Apple Support (IN)

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 4, 2023 8:34 AM in response to OnRock

To take a selfie that captures the shot as you see it in the front-facing camera frame, rather than reversing it, go to Settings > Camera, then turn on Mirror Front Camera (on iPhone XS, iPhone XR, and later) or Mirror Front Photos (iPhone X and earlier).

Take a selfie with your iPhone camera - Apple Support (IN)

Feb 4, 2023 11:46 AM in response to SravanKrA

Thanks. I get it now, but I think that toggle setting is very poorly worded by Apple. Mirror Front Camera implies that when it is set to On the camera and the image on screen are mirrored, and when it is Off they are not mirrored.

In reality, the camera and screen image are always mirrored, but the photo it takes is not mirrored when the setting is Off.

Mirror Front Camera toggle still has no effect

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.