Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple ID Change

I changed my Apple ID years ago, and even made a call to the center through a third party regarding the problem, but still the old ID is what apple maintained as my I’d and therefore making it impossible for me to update certain application, because I no longer have the email

Can Apple please remove this email and replace it with my correct email that I gave them?

[Email Edited by Moderator]

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 16

Posted on Feb 4, 2023 11:02 AM

2 replies

Feb 6, 2023 3:04 PM in response to Mba2023

Hello Mba2023,

If when you try to download an application update it is asking you to sign in to an old Apple ID you no longer use, then it sounds like the application is still linked to that other Apple ID account.

Whenever you download/purchase something from the iTunes or App Store it is linked to whatever Apple ID is used to download it at that time. If you're now using a different Apple ID account on your device the way to resolve this would be by deleting that application then redownloading it so it gets linked with the current Apple ID you're using.

Delete apps on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Cheers!

Apple ID Change

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.