Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Monterey 12.6.3 update messages not delivered from MacBookPro to apple products

Since updating my MacBookPro 2015 to Monterey 12.6.3 my texts are not delivering to other apple products like iPhone or iPads. At first I was notified of a problem and I was asked if I wanted to send as a text message. So it sent as a green text message rather than a blue apple message. Now if gives no warning and my blue messages are not arriving at their destinations.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.6

Posted on Feb 4, 2023 12:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 4, 2023 6:15 PM

Try going through each item on this checklist. ALL must be correct:

iMessage checklist

iPhone and Mac both logged in to same Apple ID. Try logging off and logging on if necessary.

iPhone Settings => Messages shows iMessage as "on" (sometimes toggling this off and then on fixes some things)

iPhone Settings => Messages shows Send & Receive showing both phone number and email (Apple ID)

iPhone Settings => Messages shows Text Message Forwarding and your Mac is listed and shown as "on" there.

iPhone Settings => Messages shows Send as SMS "on" and MMS Messaging and Group Messaging both "on"

On the Mac: Messages => Preferences shows same and correct Apple ID and "You can be reached for messages at" indicates both phone number and Apple ID (email), and "start new conversations from" indicates the phone number.

* Don't see the Text Message Forwarding setting on your iPhone? Go to Settings > Messages, turn off iMessage, turn it back on, tap Send & Receive, tap Use Your Apple ID for iMessage, then sign in with the same Apple ID used on your other devices.

Forward SMS/MMS text messages from your iPhone to your Mac or iPad - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 4, 2023 6:15 PM in response to TheVenerableHand

Try going through each item on this checklist. ALL must be correct:

iMessage checklist

iPhone and Mac both logged in to same Apple ID. Try logging off and logging on if necessary.

iPhone Settings => Messages shows iMessage as "on" (sometimes toggling this off and then on fixes some things)

iPhone Settings => Messages shows Send & Receive showing both phone number and email (Apple ID)

iPhone Settings => Messages shows Text Message Forwarding and your Mac is listed and shown as "on" there.

iPhone Settings => Messages shows Send as SMS "on" and MMS Messaging and Group Messaging both "on"

On the Mac: Messages => Preferences shows same and correct Apple ID and "You can be reached for messages at" indicates both phone number and Apple ID (email), and "start new conversations from" indicates the phone number.

* Don't see the Text Message Forwarding setting on your iPhone? Go to Settings > Messages, turn off iMessage, turn it back on, tap Send & Receive, tap Use Your Apple ID for iMessage, then sign in with the same Apple ID used on your other devices.

Forward SMS/MMS text messages from your iPhone to your Mac or iPad - Apple Support

Monterey 12.6.3 update messages not delivered from MacBookPro to apple products

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.