Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

deleting one device from my cloud and wiping device

I want to erase 1 old iphone device give to a friend and have 7 devices in my icloud account and want to retain all other data for the other 6 devices and want to keep the carrier info on the iPhone I want to wipe. do I delete the old phone to be wipe from each managed device in preference section of device?

Posted on Feb 4, 2023 12:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 4, 2023 12:33 PM

The only thing that happens when you delete it from "Your Devices" is that it can no longer be tracked or be allowed to alter iCloud settings, remotely.

So yes, go into Settings.

General.

Erase all Content and Settings--when it asks to keep carrier info on device, say yes.

And yes, delete that phone from "Your Devices" on a different device...if wiping it doesn't do that automatically.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 4, 2023 12:33 PM in response to CChampage

The only thing that happens when you delete it from "Your Devices" is that it can no longer be tracked or be allowed to alter iCloud settings, remotely.

So yes, go into Settings.

General.

Erase all Content and Settings--when it asks to keep carrier info on device, say yes.

And yes, delete that phone from "Your Devices" on a different device...if wiping it doesn't do that automatically.

deleting one device from my cloud and wiping device

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.