Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch 5 Activity App Does Not Sync with iPhone 11

My apple watch 5 does not sync activity app with apple iphone 11

Posted on Feb 4, 2023 2:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 4, 2023 3:51 PM

Make sure the iphone on iOS16.3 and the Watch is on OS9.3

Make sure your personal data is in the Health part of the Watch app, My Watch tab

Make sure your Health is turned on in iCloud settings

You should have the green phone symbol on the Watch's Control Panel if they are connected..

Airplane mode must be off.

Then force restart the Watch

i.e. press and hold both the side button and Digital Crown for at least 10 seconds, then release both buttons when you see the Apple logo.

Then while it is restarting Force Restart the paired iphone   Force restart iPhone – Apple Support (UK)

Test it for a while. If it is still misbehaving... Unpair and set up again

Unpair and erase your Apple Watch – Apple Support (UK)

and then

Set up your Apple Watch – Apple Support (UK)

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 4, 2023 3:51 PM in response to Stephanie Grubert

Make sure the iphone on iOS16.3 and the Watch is on OS9.3

Make sure your personal data is in the Health part of the Watch app, My Watch tab

Make sure your Health is turned on in iCloud settings

You should have the green phone symbol on the Watch's Control Panel if they are connected..

Airplane mode must be off.

Then force restart the Watch

i.e. press and hold both the side button and Digital Crown for at least 10 seconds, then release both buttons when you see the Apple logo.

Then while it is restarting Force Restart the paired iphone   Force restart iPhone – Apple Support (UK)

Test it for a while. If it is still misbehaving... Unpair and set up again

Unpair and erase your Apple Watch – Apple Support (UK)

and then

Set up your Apple Watch – Apple Support (UK)

Feb 5, 2023 10:48 AM in response to LD150

Dear LD150, Thank you for responding. My problem was worse than your recommendations could rectify. I ended up erasing my watch, unpairing in the process and reinstalling it. The watch and phone are now communicating again. The updated watch OS 9.3 has new watch faces and easier navigation. My phone is an 11 and Watch is a 5. All good for now. Always good to give a thorough "cleaning" to some electronics now and then.

Apple Watch 5 Activity App Does Not Sync with iPhone 11

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.