Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Recover Accidentally Deleted Folder in iNotes??

I accidentally deleted a folder with about 10 notes which are not showing up in the recently deleted folder. I don't see any "folders" in 'recently deleted,' just individual notes. Is this a known issue? Any help with recovering the folder would be appreciated!

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.6

Posted on Feb 4, 2023 3:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 4, 2023 4:38 PM

The 10 individual notes from that deleted folder should show up in that Recently Deleted folder. Is that what you're seeing? The folder itself will not be in Recently Deleted. It's not an issue, it's just how Notes functions. You could just make a New Folder and move the individual notes back out from Recently Deleted into the new folder within 30 days (the sooner the better 😃). Incidentally, I get the human issue with clicking that "Delete" button on the prompt below too quickly! OOF!

ALSO, note that if you haven't closed out of Notes, under the Edit menu, you can "Undo Delete Folder."

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 4, 2023 4:38 PM in response to jackb773

The 10 individual notes from that deleted folder should show up in that Recently Deleted folder. Is that what you're seeing? The folder itself will not be in Recently Deleted. It's not an issue, it's just how Notes functions. You could just make a New Folder and move the individual notes back out from Recently Deleted into the new folder within 30 days (the sooner the better 😃). Incidentally, I get the human issue with clicking that "Delete" button on the prompt below too quickly! OOF!

ALSO, note that if you haven't closed out of Notes, under the Edit menu, you can "Undo Delete Folder."

Recover Accidentally Deleted Folder in iNotes??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.