Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipod Disabled Connect To ITunes - Problem - DFU Mode

I forgot the passcode to my old Ipod Touch 4th generation, after several attempts my Ipod has been disabled, the message on my screen reads "Ipod Disabled Connect to ITunes". I had done this by connecting it directly into a USB slot of my laptop (Windows 10) which I was then alerted that ITunes required me to input my passcode which I of course don't know...

I read online that I would need to reset my Ipod back to factory settings and to do this I would need to trigger DFU mode, I done this by holding down the power button and home button until the screen went blank and ITunes registered it was in fact in DFU mode. I am able to click on the 'restore and update' button but I'm either met with the message "This Ipod was previously in DFU mode, but restarted and is no longer in DFU mode. To restore this Ipod from DFU mode, disconnect it and place it in DFU mode again." or ITunes begins "downloadign software" and at the end of the update I'm met with the same message noted prior.

I have tried uninstalling ITunes and reinstalling (Using latest version from Microsoft Store) several times. I have disconnected my Ipod and tried running ITunes again, I have triggered DFU mode several different times and still nothing. Any advice would be appreciated.

Screenshots below showing the process and problem.

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Feb 4, 2023 5:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 1, 2023 12:24 PM

I'm having the same issue. I've been having issues with my iPhone 12 ProMax dropping Bluetooth, have had the phones boar replaced, even had my entire phone replace and it's still an issue, so after giving up on trying to get that fixed, I pulled out my old 4th Gen iPod, which only boots up to an Apple icon, but when I connect it to my Mac, I get the same error: "This iPod was previously in DFU mode, but restarted and is no longer in DFU mode. To restore this iPod from DFU mode, disconnect it and place it in DFU mode again."

I then enter it into DFU mode againis, but when I connect it, it just returns the same error. This is very frustrating.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 1, 2023 12:24 PM in response to Blue2023

I'm having the same issue. I've been having issues with my iPhone 12 ProMax dropping Bluetooth, have had the phones boar replaced, even had my entire phone replace and it's still an issue, so after giving up on trying to get that fixed, I pulled out my old 4th Gen iPod, which only boots up to an Apple icon, but when I connect it to my Mac, I get the same error: "This iPod was previously in DFU mode, but restarted and is no longer in DFU mode. To restore this iPod from DFU mode, disconnect it and place it in DFU mode again."

I then enter it into DFU mode againis, but when I connect it, it just returns the same error. This is very frustrating.

Feb 5, 2023 8:31 AM in response to bobjbkln

Sorry I should have mentioned I tried recovery mode first before trying DFU mode, I've followed the steps on the above website but I am met with the same message "This iPod was previously in DFU mode, but restarted and is no longer in DFU mode. To restore this iPod from DFU mode, disconnect it and place it in DFU mode again".

Screenshot below.

Ipod Disabled Connect To ITunes - Problem - DFU Mode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.