Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

2014 MacBook Air. Suddenly my login password does not work

I have had the same login password for 3-4 years now. Yesterday when I was trying to log in it says incorrect password. Nobody else has used the laptop but me. How did this happen? What can I do to log in again?

Posted on Feb 4, 2023 5:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 4, 2023 6:16 PM

If you have forgotten your Mac login passcode; after trying three attempts, you should find an option to reset your passcode with your Apple ID.

From there, you simply follow the prompts and your Mac should simply restart like normal.

NOTE: You may need to sign back into iCloud and other services after the successful login.

For a complete step-by-step guide, click here.

Need more help?

Click ▶︎ macOS User Guide. 📖

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 4, 2023 6:16 PM in response to liisa99

If you have forgotten your Mac login passcode; after trying three attempts, you should find an option to reset your passcode with your Apple ID.

From there, you simply follow the prompts and your Mac should simply restart like normal.

NOTE: You may need to sign back into iCloud and other services after the successful login.

For a complete step-by-step guide, click here.

Need more help?

Click ▶︎ macOS User Guide. 📖

2014 MacBook Air. Suddenly my login password does not work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.