Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Family sharing on Safari

How to stop sharing safari browsed website to family sharing members? I want to keep other sharing features but just not safari activity.

*When I open a new safari tab, I can see currently opened pages on my other devices (which is ok), but there is also a section "Shared with you" that shows the currently opened tabs of my family members' devices. I want to block this.

Thanks

iPhone XS

Posted on Feb 4, 2023 11:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 6, 2023 6:18 PM

Hi RobinKP,

Thank you for participating in the Apple Support Communities. It sounds like someone in your family shared a Tab Group with you. This is not part of Family Sharing. This article explains more about this feature and how to manage it: Share Tab Groups and collaborate in Safari on iPhone.

"In the Safari app, you can share a Tab Group and collaborate with people who use iCloud. You can add and remove people from the Tab Group at any time, and even start a message conversation, phone call, or FaceTime call without leaving Safari. Collaborators can add and remove tabs from the Tab Group, and everyone sees updates in real time.

Everyone you collaborate with must be signed in with their Apple ID, have Safari turned on in iCloud settings, and have two-factor authentication turned on.

Share a Tab Group

1. Tap the Tabs button to view the open tabs in that Tab Group.
  2. Tap the Share button at the top-right corner of the Tab Group.
  3. Tap Messages, then choose the person or group you want to share it with.
  4. You get activity updates in the Messages conversation when someone makes changes in the shared Tab Group. Tap the updates to go to the shared Tab Group.

Add and remove people from a shared Tab Group

1. Tap the Collaborate button at the top-right corner.
  2. Tap Manage Shared Tab Group, then do any of the following:
    • Remove someone: Tap a name, then tap Remove Access.
    • Add someone: Tap Share With More People, then invite them.
    • Stop Sharing with everyone: Tap Stop Sharing."

We hope this helps.

Take care.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 6, 2023 6:18 PM in response to RobinKP

Hi RobinKP,

Thank you for participating in the Apple Support Communities. It sounds like someone in your family shared a Tab Group with you. This is not part of Family Sharing. This article explains more about this feature and how to manage it: Share Tab Groups and collaborate in Safari on iPhone.

"In the Safari app, you can share a Tab Group and collaborate with people who use iCloud. You can add and remove people from the Tab Group at any time, and even start a message conversation, phone call, or FaceTime call without leaving Safari. Collaborators can add and remove tabs from the Tab Group, and everyone sees updates in real time.

Everyone you collaborate with must be signed in with their Apple ID, have Safari turned on in iCloud settings, and have two-factor authentication turned on.

Share a Tab Group

1. Tap the Tabs button to view the open tabs in that Tab Group.
  2. Tap the Share button at the top-right corner of the Tab Group.
  3. Tap Messages, then choose the person or group you want to share it with.
  4. You get activity updates in the Messages conversation when someone makes changes in the shared Tab Group. Tap the updates to go to the shared Tab Group.

Add and remove people from a shared Tab Group

1. Tap the Collaborate button at the top-right corner.
  2. Tap Manage Shared Tab Group, then do any of the following:
    • Remove someone: Tap a name, then tap Remove Access.
    • Add someone: Tap Share With More People, then invite them.
    • Stop Sharing with everyone: Tap Stop Sharing."

We hope this helps.

Take care.

Family sharing on Safari

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.