Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is an upgrade from MacOS Mojave 10.14.6 to OS Monterey possible

Is an upgrade from MacOS Mojave 10.14.6 to OS Monterey possible (MacBook Pro Mid 2015)

MacBook Pro

Posted on Feb 5, 2023 5:04 AM

11 replies

Feb 5, 2023 1:36 PM in response to uwe193

Try installing in Safe Mode..

macOS High Sierra - Technical Specifications

General Requirements

• OS X 10.8 or later
  • 2GB of memory
  • 14.3GB of available storage to perform upgrade*
  • Some features require an Apple ID; terms apply.
  • Some features require a compatible Internet service provider; fees may apply.

Mac Hardware Requirements

For details about your Mac model, click the Apple icon at the top left of your screen, choose About This Mac. These Mac models are compatible with macOS High Sierra:

• MacBook (Late 2009 or newer)
  • MacBook Pro (Mid 2010 or newer)
  • MacBook Air (Late 2010 or newer)
  • Mac mini (Mid 2010 or newer)
  • iMac (Late 2009 or newer)
  • Mac Pro (Mid 2010 or newer)

https://itunes.apple.com/app/macos-high-sierra/id1246284741?mt=12

Feb 5, 2023 7:30 AM in response to dialabrain

Thank you for the valuable hints.

I now bumped into another problem:

After downloading the macOS Monterey version 12.6.3 I tried to install the OS but then received the message "This version of mac OS Monterey intstallaion program is damaged and cannot be used for the installation of macOS". I did the download a second time....same result.

What now?

Feb 5, 2023 3:41 PM in response to BDAqua

BDAqua wrote:

Try installing in Safe Mode..

FWIW, I suggested Safe Mode about six hours before your post. I would also mention the user has a Mid 2015 MacBook Pro and wants to upgrade from Mojave to Monterey. 😎

Not sure what the issue is but the user reported Safe Mode didn't help.

Is an upgrade from MacOS Mojave 10.14.6 to OS Monterey possible

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.