You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I changed my Apple ID but my old email is still shows up under my profile picture. How do I fix this?

i changed my Apple ID but my old ID email is still showing under my profile picture how do I change this?

Also when I go to sign in it ask if I want to sign in to my old Apple ID but is actually asking for my new as the old one has been deleted

Posted on Feb 5, 2023 6:08 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 5, 2023 7:32 AM

Did you change your email address on the account as directed below, or did you instead create a new account?

Here's how you change the email address you use for your Apple ID:

1. Go to https://appleid.apple.com and sign in.

2. In the Sign-In and Security section, choose Apple ID.

3. Enter the email address that you want to use as your Apple ID.

4. Choose Change Apple ID.

5. If you changed your Apple ID to a third-party email address, check your email for a verification code, then enter the code. Learn what to do if you didn't get the email. --> If you didn't receive your verification or reset email - Apple Support

6. If you use services like iCloud or Messages to share with friends and colleagues, sign in to those services with your updated Apple ID. --> What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support

For more details, read the document: "Change your Apple ID" --> Change your Apple ID - Apple Support

If you created a new account and actually requested deletion of the old one, this can raise a number of issues. One is any apps purchased with the old account are permanently tied to that account. They may request the old account information before you can update them. If this is whay you are seeing old account information being requested, delete the apps entirely and downloadthem again with the new account. Alternatively, it it isn't too late, request the old account be reinstated and go back to using it.

From: How to delete your Apple ID account - Apple Support

"What happens if I change my mind after I have requested that my account be deleted?

While your request is being processed, you can contact Apple Support [ Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support ] with the unique alphanumeric access code you received, and we’ll help you cancel your request. After your account is deleted, Apple can't cancel the request, reopen your account, or restore your data."

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 5, 2023 7:32 AM in response to Swhen

Did you change your email address on the account as directed below, or did you instead create a new account?

Here's how you change the email address you use for your Apple ID:

1. Go to https://appleid.apple.com and sign in.

2. In the Sign-In and Security section, choose Apple ID.

3. Enter the email address that you want to use as your Apple ID.

4. Choose Change Apple ID.

5. If you changed your Apple ID to a third-party email address, check your email for a verification code, then enter the code. Learn what to do if you didn't get the email. --> If you didn't receive your verification or reset email - Apple Support

6. If you use services like iCloud or Messages to share with friends and colleagues, sign in to those services with your updated Apple ID. --> What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support

For more details, read the document: "Change your Apple ID" --> Change your Apple ID - Apple Support

If you created a new account and actually requested deletion of the old one, this can raise a number of issues. One is any apps purchased with the old account are permanently tied to that account. They may request the old account information before you can update them. If this is whay you are seeing old account information being requested, delete the apps entirely and downloadthem again with the new account. Alternatively, it it isn't too late, request the old account be reinstated and go back to using it.

From: How to delete your Apple ID account - Apple Support

"What happens if I change my mind after I have requested that my account be deleted?

While your request is being processed, you can contact Apple Support [ Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support ] with the unique alphanumeric access code you received, and we’ll help you cancel your request. After your account is deleted, Apple can't cancel the request, reopen your account, or restore your data."

I changed my Apple ID but my old email is still shows up under my profile picture. How do I fix this?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.