Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Change iPad

Hi, I bought an ipad pro 12,9 2022 in august 2022 and I would like to change it with an smaller ipad. Can I change it and get the money difference back?

Posted on Feb 5, 2023 6:23 AM

2 replies

Feb 5, 2023 9:24 AM in response to Merva028

If purchased directly from Apple, you have 14-days within which you can unconditionally return an unwanted device for exchange or refund. After expiry of 14-days, this opportunity is lost. As such, your proposal to return your iPad and exchange for a smaller/cheaper model - and receive the cost difference - isn’t available to you.

Trade-in may be an option - although trade-in is only available for previous generation models, not current models. Presumably you have a fifth or earlier generation iPad Pro 12.9” which should qualify; he available trade-in value will be considerably less than the price paid. You can obtain an estimated trade-in value here:

Apple Trade In - Apple

Your remaining option is to consider selling your iPad Pro privately - although to make a sale, potential buyers will likely expect to pay much less than the “as new” cost of the iPad. You might expect to sell your iPad for more than the trade-in value, but somewhat less than purchasing a reconditioned identical model from Apple.

Change iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.