Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

App Store difficulty

Why can’t I download an app without entering bank information and it does work

Posted on Feb 5, 2023 6:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 5, 2023 7:17 AM

I know that some people are able to download free (and only free) apps with no payment method but there are multiple scenarios where Apple will require a payment method such as a credit or debit card be present in order to download anything from the Stores. The payment method may not be charged if you also have account balance, but the payment method has to be present. Since it appears you are encountering one of those situations, you have no option but to enter a valid payment method if you wish to continue downloading. Read the support article Add a payment method to your Apple ID - Apple Support about how to do that. This next article lists valid payment methods for different countries but note that in this case Apple Account balance alone apparently does not meet the requirement Payment methods that you can use with your Apple ID - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 5, 2023 7:17 AM in response to Applehelppppll

I know that some people are able to download free (and only free) apps with no payment method but there are multiple scenarios where Apple will require a payment method such as a credit or debit card be present in order to download anything from the Stores. The payment method may not be charged if you also have account balance, but the payment method has to be present. Since it appears you are encountering one of those situations, you have no option but to enter a valid payment method if you wish to continue downloading. Read the support article Add a payment method to your Apple ID - Apple Support about how to do that. This next article lists valid payment methods for different countries but note that in this case Apple Account balance alone apparently does not meet the requirement Payment methods that you can use with your Apple ID - Apple Support

App Store difficulty

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.