Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

dust

I always close my macbook at night. In the morning there is dust inside the screen and keyboard. Could it be from the battery which i keep charging without stop? It is very strange that I have this dust on a closed device. Please advise! dd

Posted on Feb 5, 2023 7:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 5, 2023 8:05 AM

Your MacBook Pro  uses ‘smart charging’ to charge in the optimum way, and only when necessary. Plugged in is Not necessarily actively charging. There is substantial hardware and software cooperating on battery and charging issues. Simply asserting a charging voltage against one of the interface(s) will NOT successfully charge your MacBook Pro.

In general, Best Practice is to ALWAYS connect AC power when it is possible to do so, and only run on batteries (which could be somewhat slower) when no AC sources are at hand. Your Mac will NEVER over-charge. 

Charging the battery does not produce dust (or anything else for that matter).

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 5, 2023 8:05 AM in response to Grant Bennet-Alder

Your MacBook Pro  uses ‘smart charging’ to charge in the optimum way, and only when necessary. Plugged in is Not necessarily actively charging. There is substantial hardware and software cooperating on battery and charging issues. Simply asserting a charging voltage against one of the interface(s) will NOT successfully charge your MacBook Pro.

In general, Best Practice is to ALWAYS connect AC power when it is possible to do so, and only run on batteries (which could be somewhat slower) when no AC sources are at hand. Your Mac will NEVER over-charge. 

Charging the battery does not produce dust (or anything else for that matter).

dust

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.