Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Memory

I get a recurring message "Your system has run out of application memory." even when I only have only a couple of applications open. Macbook Air about a year old, 16GB memory.

MacBook Air

Posted on Feb 5, 2023 11:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 7, 2023 10:28 AM

If you haven't already done this, I suggest opening the Activity Monitor app in the Applications>Utilities folder. Once the app is open, click on the Memory tab to see how memory is being allocated. Whichever app is at the top of the list is using the most memory. At the bottom , there is a box that shows the overall memory demand and the level of "Memory Pressure" the system is under.

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 7, 2023 10:28 AM in response to Edwin Davis

If you haven't already done this, I suggest opening the Activity Monitor app in the Applications>Utilities folder. Once the app is open, click on the Memory tab to see how memory is being allocated. Whichever app is at the top of the list is using the most memory. At the bottom , there is a box that shows the overall memory demand and the level of "Memory Pressure" the system is under.

Memory

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.