You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

2 port MacBook Pro vents

So this is just a curiosity question on the Bottom of my 2 port MacBook its just flat but on my friend who has a 4 port version there's to almost vent like openings and I was just wondering how come my one doesn't have these

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

MacBook Pro 13″

Posted on Feb 5, 2023 3:04 PM

3 replies

Feb 5, 2023 3:18 PM in response to Daniel1739

Daniel1739 wrote:

So this is just a curiosity question on the Bottom of my 2 port MacBook its just flat but on my friend who has a 4 port version there's to almost vent like openings and I was just wondering how come my one doesn't have these

Well...There are 55 models of MBP released since January 2006 as you can imagine they are not all the same, always changing in design and detail.

I suspect "vent like openings " are for more airflow and a cooling demand for that particular mac and it's internals.

2 port MacBook Pro vents

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.