Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to turn off 'last used line' feature in iPhone?

Hello,

I have an eSIM and physical SIM on my iPhone 12 mini. eSIM has US number and the physical SIM uses India number. Every contact in the address book remembers the 'last used SIM' to reach that number. While I remain in the same country, this feature helps. But once I make an international travel from US to India (or vice-versa) it becomes a problem. Unless I pay attention on each international call I make and change the 'last used SIM', I'm going to pay huge rates as those calls get charged under international roaming.

Setting US line as the default doesn't resolve the problem completely

Is there a way for me to use the US line as the default line so that all calls including the contacts having India as the 'last used SIM' will switch to use US line?

iPhone 12 mini, iOS 16

Posted on Feb 5, 2023 2:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 6, 2023 3:14 PM

Thanks Sravan. Yes, I see that we can change the call line on a per contact basis. Thanks!

I was looking for a system wide setting. I recently went to India and came back. I spent a month there. So around 50 contacts or so in my phone now has the 'last line used' set to India SIM. I'm in US now. Now every time a make call to India, I need to check if that contact still has the 'last line used' to India SIM. If I don't change it, then the call goes from the the India SIM and get charged against the India SIM. I already missed it few times and wasted $50 or so in the last two monthly bills

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 6, 2023 3:14 PM in response to SravanKrA

Thanks Sravan. Yes, I see that we can change the call line on a per contact basis. Thanks!

I was looking for a system wide setting. I recently went to India and came back. I spent a month there. So around 50 contacts or so in my phone now has the 'last line used' set to India SIM. I'm in US now. Now every time a make call to India, I need to check if that contact still has the 'last line used' to India SIM. If I don't change it, then the call goes from the the India SIM and get charged against the India SIM. I already missed it few times and wasted $50 or so in the last two monthly bills

Feb 5, 2023 10:44 PM in response to GoNiners

For You...

You may change the Voice line to be used under Contacts. And while making a call dial using contacts and not using the Recent call list.

Normally...

Watch the GIF below to change the Voice line. This has to be done each time you receive a call and want to call back from another line other than through which it was received.

How to turn off 'last used line' feature in iPhone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.