Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

CarPlay 2019 vw atlas iPhone 14 not working

Please help. My 2019 vw atlas does not pair with my new iphone14 via CarPlay wirelessly. Pairs wirelessly with phone no problem. Must CarPlay connect hardwire? USBC - USB adapter any help?

iPhone 14, iOS 16

Posted on Feb 5, 2023 5:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 5, 2023 5:17 PM

Although the car supports CarPlay, it is not a given that it supports Wireless CarPlay. Since your car is from 2019, I could well suspect it of not having Wireless CarPlay. You must either ask where you bought the car, or read the car's manual. If your car does not support Wireless

CarPlay, then you must connect with a lightning to USB or USB-C cable. If your car has Wireless CarPlay, make sure to keep the car parked, with your gear in park, or the handbrake on when you pair your iPhone for the first time.

You can read how to set up CarPlay here:

Use CarPlay with your iPhone - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 5, 2023 5:17 PM in response to AlissaRu

Although the car supports CarPlay, it is not a given that it supports Wireless CarPlay. Since your car is from 2019, I could well suspect it of not having Wireless CarPlay. You must either ask where you bought the car, or read the car's manual. If your car does not support Wireless

CarPlay, then you must connect with a lightning to USB or USB-C cable. If your car has Wireless CarPlay, make sure to keep the car parked, with your gear in park, or the handbrake on when you pair your iPhone for the first time.

You can read how to set up CarPlay here:

Use CarPlay with your iPhone - Apple Support

Feb 7, 2023 4:11 AM in response to AlissaRu

You're welcome.

You don't have to worry about connecting your iPhone to the car USB. The phone does not receive more power than it is built to receive. In addition, it is intended from Apple's side that the iPhone should be able to connect to CarPlay both via USB and wirelessly.

If the battery ever "swells" then it is a fault with the battery and would happen no matter what charger you plug in.

Enjoy your CarPlay, it's super nice.

CarPlay 2019 vw atlas iPhone 14 not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.