Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ask permission not working.

I cannot install apps on my daughters phone. ask permission comes up and she has the option to ask but the notification never goes to my phone. I’m signed in with my Apple ID login. I’ve tried to turn on ask permission and then turn it back off. I’ve reset my phone and my daughters phone a number of times nothing seems to work. I followed the troubleshooting tips in the Apple support article with no luck. The ask permission pop-up comes up even after I’ve turned off ask permission on my phone in my family controls.

iPhone 13

Posted on Feb 5, 2023 5:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 5, 2023 10:15 PM

On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Tap Family. If you don't see Family, tap your name, then tap Family Sharing. If you're the family organizer, make sure that Purchase Sharing is turned on. Then you can tap a family member's name to see if Ask to Buy is turned on for their account.

If Ask to Buy isn't working - Apple Support (IN)

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 5, 2023 10:15 PM in response to MKH_73

On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Tap Family. If you don't see Family, tap your name, then tap Family Sharing. If you're the family organizer, make sure that Purchase Sharing is turned on. Then you can tap a family member's name to see if Ask to Buy is turned on for their account.

If Ask to Buy isn't working - Apple Support (IN)

Mar 8, 2023 8:49 AM in response to SravanKrA

I have the same problem. I don't receive the ask for permission messages from my 7 y old kid.

Did exactly whats on this page: If Ask to Buy isn't working - Apple Support (IN)

Kids phone is iphone 7, I have an iphone 12. I don't recieve any messages. Logging out and in, turning mobile off and on again: nothing is working.

I can't download any apps now on her phone, really annoying. Wanted to delete the account and make another with a different age. But guess what: an "ask for permission" message was send to me, which I never recieved too.

Ask permission not working.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.