Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bought a phone on eBay and it says iPhone is locked, how do I remove it?

How do I remove the iPhone is locked to owner? He blocked me and I can’t get in contact with him

iPhone 13 Pro

Posted on Feb 5, 2023 6:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 5, 2023 7:03 PM

Return the phone for a refund. Notify Ebay if your refund is refused.

The phone is useless unless you can contact the original owner and have them remove the lock. Since the original owner was probably not the person who sold you the phone, the chances of the lock being removed are a tiny fraction above zero.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 5, 2023 7:03 PM in response to Michaelwheeler004

Return the phone for a refund. Notify Ebay if your refund is refused.

The phone is useless unless you can contact the original owner and have them remove the lock. Since the original owner was probably not the person who sold you the phone, the chances of the lock being removed are a tiny fraction above zero.

Feb 5, 2023 6:49 PM in response to Michaelwheeler004

Michaelwheeler004 Said:

"Bought a phone on eBay and it says iPhone is locked, how do I remove it?: How do I remove the iPhone is locked to owner? He blocked me and I can’t get in contact with him"

-------

Troubleshooting a Locked eBay-Sold iPhone:

Seems Like a Scam. So...

Contact eBay ASAP:

Based on your full wording it seems like a scam, though a full assumption on my part. Having purchased this online and at a Web site (eBay), contact the site, seeing what your options are when it comes to scams.  Go Here: eBay Customer Service - eBay

And...

Take this as a Learning Experience:

When you purchase an item - you can do so either anew or used. If you go about purchasing a used one, do so in-person. Have the seller go here: What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support. When proceeding with the purchase, request that the seller allows you to log in an assign it to your own Apple Account. If the seller dis-abides by those rules you've set forth, then do not proceed with the transaction. In all, it seems like a Scam to me, though a full assumption on my, part.

Feb 5, 2023 7:22 PM in response to Michaelwheeler004

Never purchase from a stranger because it could possibly be stolen and no one has the ability to override the security measures.

Apple values your privacy and has safeguards in place to ensure that no one can access the device.

You will need to reach out to the owner because it is the owner’s responsibility to properly erase the device before selling it.

Until then, it is locked. 🔐

Bought a phone on eBay and it says iPhone is locked, how do I remove it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.