Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What if my iphone 11 is stuck on preparing update

my iPhone is stuck on preparing update and don’t know

iPhone 11, iOS 16

Posted on Feb 5, 2023 7:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 5, 2023 7:42 PM

According to Apple:

If you still can't install the latest version of iOS or iPadOS, try downloading the update again:

1. Go to Settings ➢ General ➢ [Device name] Storage.
  2. Find the update in the list of apps.
  3. Tap the update, then tap Delete Update.
  4. Go to Settings ➢ General ➢ Software Update and download the latest update.

If you don't see the update in the list of apps or if the issue happens again, you need to update your device with your computer:

Learn how to use recovery mode if your computer doesn't recognize your device or your screen is stuck on the Apple logo for several minutes without a progress bar.

Need more help?

Click ▶︎ iPhone User Guide. 📖

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 5, 2023 7:42 PM in response to DarkShark1314

According to Apple:

If you still can't install the latest version of iOS or iPadOS, try downloading the update again:

1. Go to Settings ➢ General ➢ [Device name] Storage.
  2. Find the update in the list of apps.
  3. Tap the update, then tap Delete Update.
  4. Go to Settings ➢ General ➢ Software Update and download the latest update.

If you don't see the update in the list of apps or if the issue happens again, you need to update your device with your computer:

Learn how to use recovery mode if your computer doesn't recognize your device or your screen is stuck on the Apple logo for several minutes without a progress bar.

Need more help?

Click ▶︎ iPhone User Guide. 📖

What if my iphone 11 is stuck on preparing update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.