You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Finding an earlier version of a note in Notes

I accidentally erased the majority of the text in one of my notes. Is there anyway of retrieving yesterday’s version of the original note?

iPhone 14 Pro, iOS 16

Posted on Feb 5, 2023 7:03 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 5, 2023 7:13 PM

SistemaSolarrr Said:

"Finding an earlier version of a note in Notes: I accidentally erased the majority of the text in one of my notes. Is there anyway of retrieving yesterday’s version of the original note?"

-------

Getting Text Back:

There are two options here...

A. Use "Paste":

Is the screen still open? If so, tap the screen, and select "Paste".

or...

B. Restore your iPhone from a Backup:

Have any backups of this iPhone prior to this occurrence? If so, restore your iPhone from one that has these photos (the most recent backup, ideally). If not, then take this as a learning experience, knowing to always back up your device for recovery purposes. Important: Back up you iPhone prior to performing this restoration, should anything go wrong from here on out.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 5, 2023 7:13 PM in response to SistemaSolarrr

SistemaSolarrr Said:

"Finding an earlier version of a note in Notes: I accidentally erased the majority of the text in one of my notes. Is there anyway of retrieving yesterday’s version of the original note?"

-------

Getting Text Back:

There are two options here...

A. Use "Paste":

Is the screen still open? If so, tap the screen, and select "Paste".

or...

B. Restore your iPhone from a Backup:

Have any backups of this iPhone prior to this occurrence? If so, restore your iPhone from one that has these photos (the most recent backup, ideally). If not, then take this as a learning experience, knowing to always back up your device for recovery purposes. Important: Back up you iPhone prior to performing this restoration, should anything go wrong from here on out.

Finding an earlier version of a note in Notes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.