Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

A brand new iPhone SE (2022 model) drains battery overnight?

I'm having serious battery issues with an iPhone SE just one month old, though for the first two weeks everything worked as one might expect.

But now the battery gets drained even when the phone sits idle in airplane mode and it's getting worse every day. For example, having over 50% battery yesterday evening, in the morning I found the battery is almost completely drained overnight while the phone was in airplane mode (i.e. no network traffic or anything that could in my opinion explain the battery usage).

How do I fix this? I've already turned off background app refresh, and I'm using the lates iOS.

Currently I can't make it through a normal working day -- including just a few calls and perhaps listening a podcast or two -- without recharging.

iPhone SE, iOS 16

Posted on Feb 5, 2023 8:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 9, 2023 4:06 PM

Both VoiceDream and MapMyRun are using significant amounts of battery.

MapMyRun may be continuing to update your location unless you explicitly quit it.

VoiceDream likewise may be continuing to run in the background when you aren't using it.

The two together are responsible for a full 35% of your battery usage.

5 replies

A brand new iPhone SE (2022 model) drains battery overnight?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.