Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

while installinh mac os sierra it is stpping

have reset my macbook pro 2010 by command R, while re installing , it is stopping some where giving message APFS volume

Posted on Feb 5, 2023 8:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 6, 2023 2:17 PM

If you had macOS 10.13 High Sierra installed previously, then the file system on the boot drive is likely APFS which is not compatible with macOS 10.12 Sierra (10.12.6 can read an APFS volume, but that is it...just basic support...macOS 10.12.6 can not boot using an APFS volume).

You need to boot to Internet Recovery Mode again, launch Disk Utility and erase the entire physical drive as GUID partition and MacOS Extended (Journaled). Erasing the drive will destroy all data on that drive. After properly erasing the drive, quit Disk Utility and select the "Reinstall macOS" option.

FYI, If this laptop can still boot to the internal drive I highly recommend creating a bootable macOS 10.13 USB installer so you have more options available in case you encounter any issues with Internet Recovery Mode.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 6, 2023 2:17 PM in response to najib135

If you had macOS 10.13 High Sierra installed previously, then the file system on the boot drive is likely APFS which is not compatible with macOS 10.12 Sierra (10.12.6 can read an APFS volume, but that is it...just basic support...macOS 10.12.6 can not boot using an APFS volume).

You need to boot to Internet Recovery Mode again, launch Disk Utility and erase the entire physical drive as GUID partition and MacOS Extended (Journaled). Erasing the drive will destroy all data on that drive. After properly erasing the drive, quit Disk Utility and select the "Reinstall macOS" option.

FYI, If this laptop can still boot to the internal drive I highly recommend creating a bootable macOS 10.13 USB installer so you have more options available in case you encounter any issues with Internet Recovery Mode.

while installinh mac os sierra it is stpping

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.