Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple favorited photos completely scrambled after syncing favorites with google photos

I recently enabled the “sync favorites” feature in google photos which says “favorites from your Camera Roll will sync with Favorites in Google Photos.”

Seemed harmless. However, after turning on this feature, my favorited photos in apple photos got completely scrambled - it looks like random ones became favorited and unfavorited.

This very frustrating because I have tens of thousands of photos going back over 10 years and they’re all affected, so there’s no fast way to manually fix this. My camera roll organization is completely dependent on this favorites feature so my entire library is affected.

I’m a bit hesitant to turn off the feature in google photos since I manually did go through and fix a few thousand, and I’m afraid it’ll just mess it up again.

Please advise! Is there any way to fix this?

iPhone 13 Pro

Posted on Feb 5, 2023 10:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 5, 2023 10:48 PM

Hello byronium!

If photos are automatically syncing to Google Photos you can stop that by quitting in the Google Backup and Sync app. Click on the app's icon in the menu bar, click the 3 vertical dots at the top right of its window, click "Quit Backup and Sync."

There are other options, including uninstalling it. See more in Google help document: https://support.google.com/drive/answer/2375081?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&hl=en

I hope this is helpful. Good Luck!

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 5, 2023 10:48 PM in response to byronium

Hello byronium!

If photos are automatically syncing to Google Photos you can stop that by quitting in the Google Backup and Sync app. Click on the app's icon in the menu bar, click the 3 vertical dots at the top right of its window, click "Quit Backup and Sync."

There are other options, including uninstalling it. See more in Google help document: https://support.google.com/drive/answer/2375081?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&hl=en

I hope this is helpful. Good Luck!

Apple favorited photos completely scrambled after syncing favorites with google photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.