Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch Series 8 Activity App - Stand ring

I have the opposite issue to most of the questions I found here about the Stand app. I see that it gives me credit for standing when I'm not actually standing. For example, when I wake up, I see that it already gave me credit 3 or 4 hours of standing. Does anyone know why this could be happening?

Apple Watch Series 8, watchOS 9

Posted on Feb 6, 2023 6:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 7, 2023 4:07 PM

Hello Lucky_Girl,

We would like to see how we can help you with the Stand feature in the Activity app. Is there any chance you are sleep walking? If not, let's start by calibrating the Apple Watch and then testing the issue: Calibrate your Apple Watch for improved Workout and Activity accuracy - Apple Support

"Check your settings

To make sure that your Apple Watch can get the information it needs, check these settings on your iPhone:

1. On your iPhone, open the Settings app.
  2. Tap Privacy & Security > Location Services. 
  3. Make sure that Location Services is turned on.
  4. Scroll down, then tap System Services. 
  5. Make sure that Motion Calibration & Distance is turned on.
  6. System Services screen on iPhone.

7. Continue with the steps below.

Calibrate your Apple Watch

1. While wearing your Apple Watch, go to a flat, open outdoor area that offers good GPS reception and clear skies.
  2. If you have Apple Watch Series 2 or later, you just need your Apple Watch.* If you have Apple Watch Series 1 or earlier, bring your iPhone for GPS. Hold your iPhone in your hand, or wear it on an armband or waistband.
  3. Open the Workout app, then tap Outdoor Walk or Outdoor Run. To set a goal before starting, tap the ... icon.
  4. Outdoor Walk workout on watch with white band.

5. Walk or run at your normal pace for about 20 minutes.

If you don't have time to finish the workout, you can complete 20 minutes over multiple outdoor Workout sessions. If you work out at different speeds, you should also calibrate for 20 minutes at each of the speeds that you walk or run."

Get back to us with your results, and we can go from there.

Cheers!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 7, 2023 4:07 PM in response to Lucky_Girl_

Hello Lucky_Girl,

We would like to see how we can help you with the Stand feature in the Activity app. Is there any chance you are sleep walking? If not, let's start by calibrating the Apple Watch and then testing the issue: Calibrate your Apple Watch for improved Workout and Activity accuracy - Apple Support

"Check your settings

To make sure that your Apple Watch can get the information it needs, check these settings on your iPhone:

1. On your iPhone, open the Settings app.
  2. Tap Privacy & Security > Location Services. 
  3. Make sure that Location Services is turned on.
  4. Scroll down, then tap System Services. 
  5. Make sure that Motion Calibration & Distance is turned on.
  6. System Services screen on iPhone.

7. Continue with the steps below.

Calibrate your Apple Watch

1. While wearing your Apple Watch, go to a flat, open outdoor area that offers good GPS reception and clear skies.
  2. If you have Apple Watch Series 2 or later, you just need your Apple Watch.* If you have Apple Watch Series 1 or earlier, bring your iPhone for GPS. Hold your iPhone in your hand, or wear it on an armband or waistband.
  3. Open the Workout app, then tap Outdoor Walk or Outdoor Run. To set a goal before starting, tap the ... icon.
  4. Outdoor Walk workout on watch with white band.

5. Walk or run at your normal pace for about 20 minutes.

If you don't have time to finish the workout, you can complete 20 minutes over multiple outdoor Workout sessions. If you work out at different speeds, you should also calibrate for 20 minutes at each of the speeds that you walk or run."

Get back to us with your results, and we can go from there.

Cheers!

Apple Watch Series 8 Activity App - Stand ring

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.