Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cells stop being centered once they get tight vertically and header will not allow option + enter to go a line down

Hello,

1. I'm looking to get rid of the dead space above my text. I have centered the text both vertically and horizontally but it always stops centering toward the top when I shrink the cells vertically. Trying to optimize the amount of cells but if I go any tighter it cuts off the text like in this view. Is there somewhere that I can set a value to get rid of this extra space above the text?

2. The header of a document doesn't allow for you to go a line down inside itself. Is there a way to do like in the regular cells (option + enter). Otherwise I have to just put in a bunch of spaces manually to allow for this, seems somewhat wasteful.

Posted on Feb 6, 2023 6:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 6, 2023 7:18 AM

1- Reduce Text Inset here:

2 - Not sure what you mean by 'header of a document'

SG

Similar questions

3 replies

Feb 6, 2023 5:14 PM in response to wareagle1999

You probably want to keep table names relatively short. Table names are used in cell references when a cell reference is to a different table. Long names make for long formulas.

Example:

=This is a long name for a table and it makes formulas hard to read::B2÷This is a long name for a table and it makes formulas hard to read::B3

versus

=Table 3::B2÷Table 3::B3

This is the same reason I turn off the Numbers preference "use header names as labels"

Cells stop being centered once they get tight vertically and header will not allow option + enter to go a line down

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.