Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

security protect

A notice from security protect appeared on my phone stating that my device had a virus from websites I had been on and of course wanted me to hit OK. I am assuming this is BS and phishing since the iPhone is protected from viruses. Correct?

iPhone 13 Pro Max

Posted on Feb 6, 2023 8:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 6, 2023 8:28 AM

It is phishing. If it is an email or a text forward it to reportphishing@apple.com. See→Avoid phishing emails, fake ‘virus‘ alerts, phony support calls, and other scams. Oh, and DON’T hit “OK” it isn’t really an OK button; it installs a Javascript function that will continue to display the message. Close the page instead.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 6, 2023 8:28 AM in response to BJ5616

It is phishing. If it is an email or a text forward it to reportphishing@apple.com. See→Avoid phishing emails, fake ‘virus‘ alerts, phony support calls, and other scams. Oh, and DON’T hit “OK” it isn’t really an OK button; it installs a Javascript function that will continue to display the message. Close the page instead.

security protect

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.