Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Remove partition/reformat external HD with Monterey OS

So, I purchased a My Passport Ultra for Mac and when first used thought I should add a partition for possible PC backups. This was a foolish notion, but now I can not find a means to remove that 500 GB partition. I have found various instructions, all for different versions of the operating system and none seem to work for me.

So, can anyone point to specific instructions, using Monterey, on how to remove a partition and reformat My Passport Ultra back to the original pristine/new state.

I have erased the PC Partition, it seems I can resize it but it appears there will still be a smaller partition, so cancelled. I have tried to format the whole thing thinking it would erase everything and knowing I will lose my saved backups, but that fails.

Thank you for your time

Ralph

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.6

Posted on Feb 6, 2023 12:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 7, 2023 4:52 AM

The following will provide the needed Method to Erase the External Drive ( the Whole Drive )

Caveat is in the below image

Link below

Erase and reformat a storage device in Disk Utility on Mac - Apple Support (CA)

Similar questions

5 replies

Remove partition/reformat external HD with Monterey OS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.