Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Printing part of a Numbers spreadsheet

Still no feature for this basic operation yet. I saw advice to use a "Preview" app but it wasn't clear which app to download from the App Store. I thought I'd just copy part of my spreadsheet and past it into a new blank spreadsheet. Unbelievably it didn't keep any of my formats! I had to resize every column! If Apple won't improve Numbers, is there a work-around to print part of a spreadsheet?

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Feb 6, 2023 1:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 6, 2023 1:44 PM

the app "Preview" is built in and is stored in the Applications folder.

The way I print just a portion of a Numbers doc, is select the items, copy

open Preview (in the Applications folder), then select the menu item "File > New From Clipboard"

then print, scale as needed to fit on the target paper

2 replies

Feb 6, 2023 1:48 PM in response to hank3737

To only print a portion of a table, I guess I would take different steps depending on the specifics...

Are you trying to print

• a column
  • a row
  • a rectangular selection?

you can hide the columns and rows you do not want to print, and use the print dialog to choose which pages to print.

If you post a screenshot of the document in question and describe what you want to print it would be helpful in providing a specific solution

Printing part of a Numbers spreadsheet

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.