Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone stopes charging when its turned on

When my iPhone turns off because of no battery I plug in a charger and it starts charging but when it hits 1 or 2 percent it turns on but stops charging and I have to take the charger out and put it in again to start charging. Can I do something to fix this and make the charging of my phone continue?

Posted on Feb 6, 2023 3:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 7, 2023 1:44 PM

I wouldn't use anything other than an original charger. But maybe you know someone who has an original you can try before you buy. It is not certain that it is the charger that is the problem, but since it is non-original and your iPhone stops charging at 2%, it could well indicate that.

You also get a link to an original charger:

Buy 20W USB-C Power Adapter - Apple

EDIT:

No. Because your iPhone cannot receive more power than it is designed for, so even if your Xiamo charger can charge with 67W, your iPhone will only use the 20W. I can't promise it's the charger, but it would be a waste of time to send your iPhone in for repair without trying an original charger first.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 7, 2023 1:44 PM in response to Telly727

I wouldn't use anything other than an original charger. But maybe you know someone who has an original you can try before you buy. It is not certain that it is the charger that is the problem, but since it is non-original and your iPhone stops charging at 2%, it could well indicate that.

You also get a link to an original charger:

Buy 20W USB-C Power Adapter - Apple

EDIT:

No. Because your iPhone cannot receive more power than it is designed for, so even if your Xiamo charger can charge with 67W, your iPhone will only use the 20W. I can't promise it's the charger, but it would be a waste of time to send your iPhone in for repair without trying an original charger first.

Feb 7, 2023 4:15 AM in response to Telly727

Do you use an original charger + lightning cable?

There is no function in iOS that stops charging when it is at 2 percent. So either there's something wrong with your charger, which I'm leaning towards, or there's something wrong with your iPhone.

In that case, take it to an authorized Apple repairer.

My iPhone stopes charging when its turned on

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.