You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I get a red lighting bolt an the time but can’t open my watch

I get a red lightning bolt and the time but can’t open my watch

Posted on Feb 6, 2023 3:30 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 7, 2023 8:43 PM

If your watch requires charging, a red lightning bolt  appears on the screen. (You might need to press the side button to make the watch face appear.) When your watch is charging, the red lightning bolt  changes to a green or yellow lightning bolt . If your screen is blank or the charging cable icon and a red lightning bolt  appear on the screen, charge your watch for up to 30 minutes. 

And

What to do: If your Apple Watch won't charge or it won't turn on - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 7, 2023 8:43 PM in response to skp1340

If your watch requires charging, a red lightning bolt  appears on the screen. (You might need to press the side button to make the watch face appear.) When your watch is charging, the red lightning bolt  changes to a green or yellow lightning bolt . If your screen is blank or the charging cable icon and a red lightning bolt  appear on the screen, charge your watch for up to 30 minutes. 

And

What to do: If your Apple Watch won't charge or it won't turn on - Apple Support

I get a red lighting bolt an the time but can’t open my watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.