Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone Calendar not sending invites

Hi,

on my iPhone the native Calender-app is not sending invites to other people i add when using my icloud account. I have tried sending invites to both contacts and e-mailadresses.

When i use a secondary account (gmail) in the native Calendar-app invites are being send.

When i add my icloud account to the Outlook mobile app and send invites, this method works.

Can i get some assistance into troubleshooting this?

Thanks in advance.

BB

Posted on Feb 7, 2023 2:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 8, 2023 11:41 AM

Hey BwsB,

We’d be happy to help out. Sounds like you’re specifically unable to send calendar invites using your iCloud.com email in the Calendar app only. Other emails within the native Calendar app and while using your iCloud.com account with other clients, work without issue.

If this is the case, can you test to see if you’re able to send a calendar invite for your iCloud.com address from the iCloud website? For help with doing so, please review: Invite people to a calendar event on iCloud.com - Apple Support

This will help us with isolating things a bit further. Next, just to double check that you’re using the correct steps, we’d suggest working through these steps here best equipped to assist:

Invite others to an event
You can invite people to an event you’ve scheduled.
1. Tap the event, then tap Edit near the top of the screen.
2. Tap Invitees.
3. Enter the names or email addresses of people you want to invite, or tap the Add button to select Contacts.
Note: For you to send a calendar invitation to a contact, they must have an email address. See Add and use contact information on iPhone.
4. When you’re finished, tap Done.
If you don’t want to be notified when someone declines a meeting, go to Settings  > Calendar, then turn off Show Invitee Declines.

Note: With Microsoft Exchange and some other exchange servers, you can invite people to an event even if you’re not the one who scheduled it.

This is outlined in more detail here: Send invitations in Calendar on iPhone - Apple Support

If unable to invite people to a calendar event on iCloud.com or in the Calendar app with your iCloud.com email address, you’d be best supported by reaching out to Apple for more assistance on this matter. They can be reached using this link: Get Support

We hope this helps out.

Take care!

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 8, 2023 11:41 AM in response to BwsB

Hey BwsB,

We’d be happy to help out. Sounds like you’re specifically unable to send calendar invites using your iCloud.com email in the Calendar app only. Other emails within the native Calendar app and while using your iCloud.com account with other clients, work without issue.

If this is the case, can you test to see if you’re able to send a calendar invite for your iCloud.com address from the iCloud website? For help with doing so, please review: Invite people to a calendar event on iCloud.com - Apple Support

This will help us with isolating things a bit further. Next, just to double check that you’re using the correct steps, we’d suggest working through these steps here best equipped to assist:

Invite others to an event
You can invite people to an event you’ve scheduled.
1. Tap the event, then tap Edit near the top of the screen.
2. Tap Invitees.
3. Enter the names or email addresses of people you want to invite, or tap the Add button to select Contacts.
Note: For you to send a calendar invitation to a contact, they must have an email address. See Add and use contact information on iPhone.
4. When you’re finished, tap Done.
If you don’t want to be notified when someone declines a meeting, go to Settings  > Calendar, then turn off Show Invitee Declines.

Note: With Microsoft Exchange and some other exchange servers, you can invite people to an event even if you’re not the one who scheduled it.

This is outlined in more detail here: Send invitations in Calendar on iPhone - Apple Support

If unable to invite people to a calendar event on iCloud.com or in the Calendar app with your iCloud.com email address, you’d be best supported by reaching out to Apple for more assistance on this matter. They can be reached using this link: Get Support

We hope this helps out.

Take care!

Mar 27, 2023 1:24 PM in response to BwsB

I have the exact same issue as well.

Adding a person when creating a new event, does not send the invitation. I tried a friend of mine (both in each others contacts) as well as adding myself using my business email address.

iOS Calendar immediately shows “No Response”.

I assume the sent invite should be visible in my Sent Items, but it is not.

iPhone Calendar not sending invites

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.