Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Asturian language removed in ios 16

I have noticed calendar and date on lock screen don’t display in asturian language anymore on iphones updated to ios 16 (all iterations until 16.3) even if this is chosen as local (regional) language. As many other languages like welsh, gaeilge, euskera, galician, etc. it seems to has disappeared from database.

Everyone in my school has suffered this bug and many as me (asturian language teacher) decided not to upgrade.

As this happens with lots of other languages as well hope it will be solved soon. Is Apple aware and working in any solution?

Thank you

Posted on Feb 7, 2023 3:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 7, 2023 5:13 AM

Traveseu wrote:

As this happens with lots of other languages as well hope it will be solved soon. Is Apple aware and working in any solution?

Hopefully yes, but make sure you tell them how much you want it back via

http://www.apple.com/feedback

3 replies

Feb 7, 2023 5:24 AM in response to SravanKrA

SravanKrA wrote:

I feel either you are unable to clearly state where these languages were used or someone is misleading you.

This is a well known bug (or a deleted feature). Before iOS 16, when you set your preferred language to one of the many dozen which are not supported for the overall system interface, the device would still show the lock screen calendar date in the preferred language. People who speak these unsupported languages really miss this. Here is the example for Welsh from iOS 15 from an earlier discussion.

Asturian language removed in ios 16

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.