Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I prevent my kid from deleting SMS messages?

My child clears out all messages as soon as they are sent. Impossible to monitor what she is up to because of this.

Either I need the ability to see the text traffic, or a way to prevent her from deleting it.

iPhone 13 Mini

Posted on Feb 7, 2023 8:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 8, 2023 3:51 PM

Hey there HaveSneakyKid,

There are a couple ways to help with text messaging on a child account. Although you cannot change settings to keep them from deleting messages, you can use communication safety options in Settings > Screen Time for your child. This resource will explain how that works: About communication safety in Messages - Apple Support

The other option would require being signed in with the same Apple ID, which will send the messages that are sent/received on the child's device to yours. Keep in mind, however, this will also cause messages sent and received on your device to be available on theirs as well. Messages in iCloud is explained more here: Access your messages on all your Apple devices - Apple Support

If you're looking for other options not mentioned or available, you can always submit feedback to Apple for future improvements: Product Feedback - Apple

Take care!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 8, 2023 3:51 PM in response to HaveSneakyKid

Hey there HaveSneakyKid,

There are a couple ways to help with text messaging on a child account. Although you cannot change settings to keep them from deleting messages, you can use communication safety options in Settings > Screen Time for your child. This resource will explain how that works: About communication safety in Messages - Apple Support

The other option would require being signed in with the same Apple ID, which will send the messages that are sent/received on the child's device to yours. Keep in mind, however, this will also cause messages sent and received on your device to be available on theirs as well. Messages in iCloud is explained more here: Access your messages on all your Apple devices - Apple Support

If you're looking for other options not mentioned or available, you can always submit feedback to Apple for future improvements: Product Feedback - Apple

Take care!

Can I prevent my kid from deleting SMS messages?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.