Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Before Apple Music, I used iTunes. Can i go back to using just iTunes and keep my iTunes library

Before Apple Music, I used iTunes. Can i go back to using just iTunes and keep my previous iTunes library on my iMacs, iphones and iPad?

iMac 27″ 5K, macOS 13.1

Posted on Feb 7, 2023 9:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 7, 2023 9:32 AM

The iTunes application itself was turned into the Music application. You can use Music without a subscription to Apple Music. Make sure you have copies of all your files on your computer cancel your Apple Music subscription. Note that you will lose access to any files that require an active subscription.

If you are asking about reverting to the old iTunes application, that might be difficult if not impossible. It is now integrated into the system software and Apple doens't support altering that.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 7, 2023 9:32 AM in response to 9650lb

The iTunes application itself was turned into the Music application. You can use Music without a subscription to Apple Music. Make sure you have copies of all your files on your computer cancel your Apple Music subscription. Note that you will lose access to any files that require an active subscription.

If you are asking about reverting to the old iTunes application, that might be difficult if not impossible. It is now integrated into the system software and Apple doens't support altering that.

Before Apple Music, I used iTunes. Can i go back to using just iTunes and keep my iTunes library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.