Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

turn off two factor authentification

offload two factor authentication...turn it off

Posted on Feb 7, 2023 10:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 7, 2023 10:02 AM

Hello,

I see you want to disable two-factor authentication. For some background I suggest you read the document: "Two-factor authentication for Apple ID" - Two-factor authentication for Apple ID - Apple Support

From the document:

"If you're already using two-factor authentication with your Apple ID, you can't turn it off."

Two-factor authentication is enabled by default on new Apple IDs and cannot be turned off.

If you have an account where you only very recently activated Two Factor Authentication, note this section of the Apple support article -->

"If you updated to two-factor authentication inadvertently, you can turn it off within two weeks of enrollment. If you do, your account is less secure and you can't use features that require a higher level of security."

If you did indeed recently activate two factor authentication and want to disable it, you should check for an email from Apple. If you don't see one about this, look in your junk mail folder.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 7, 2023 10:02 AM in response to sontagg

Hello,

I see you want to disable two-factor authentication. For some background I suggest you read the document: "Two-factor authentication for Apple ID" - Two-factor authentication for Apple ID - Apple Support

From the document:

"If you're already using two-factor authentication with your Apple ID, you can't turn it off."

Two-factor authentication is enabled by default on new Apple IDs and cannot be turned off.

If you have an account where you only very recently activated Two Factor Authentication, note this section of the Apple support article -->

"If you updated to two-factor authentication inadvertently, you can turn it off within two weeks of enrollment. If you do, your account is less secure and you can't use features that require a higher level of security."

If you did indeed recently activate two factor authentication and want to disable it, you should check for an email from Apple. If you don't see one about this, look in your junk mail folder.

turn off two factor authentification

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.