Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 11 "iPhone Unavailable"

My iPhone 11 today experienced an error stating, "iPhone Unavailable try again in 1 minute". I had not ever seen this. It went through about 4 or 5 iterations then it opened. Now I am almost terrified this will lock me out when I need to contact clients.

Is there an update for this?

iPhone 6s, iOS 13

Posted on Feb 7, 2023 11:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 7, 2023 12:08 PM

The update is how you use the phone. That means that the wrong passcode was entered more than 5 times. You need to think about how that could happen; did someone play with the phone? Do you carry it in a pocket where the face is against your skin, and you might have “butt entered” a random passcode?

On the hardware side, somethings a failing screen can cause this problem. The only solution is to replace the screen (or replace your 7 year old phone, that really doesn’t owe you anything).

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 7, 2023 12:08 PM in response to JDL1501

The update is how you use the phone. That means that the wrong passcode was entered more than 5 times. You need to think about how that could happen; did someone play with the phone? Do you carry it in a pocket where the face is against your skin, and you might have “butt entered” a random passcode?

On the hardware side, somethings a failing screen can cause this problem. The only solution is to replace the screen (or replace your 7 year old phone, that really doesn’t owe you anything).

Feb 7, 2023 12:35 PM in response to Lawrence Finch

Thanks for your reply. I got out of the car with my phone in my hand. No one was with me. Perhaps it did hit or touch something. I don't know. But to the natural eye it looks like it just came out of the box.

I don't know if you're a iPhone expert but the need to replace an item is based on its usefulness, not its age. And frankly, what makes you think that people think in terms of inanimate objects owing them anything? You're trying too hard to be clever.

iPhone 11 "iPhone Unavailable"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.