Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Final Cut Pro X won't launch

All of the sudden my Final Cut Pro X won't launch today. The icon jumps for a long time. Have to force to close because it does not respond.

Please help.

Thanks

iMac 27″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Feb 7, 2023 2:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 7, 2023 2:20 PM

Hold ⌥ ⌘ as you double click the library you want to open to launch the application. A dialog appears asking you if you want to Delete Preferences. If you don't do this while double-clicking your library, the application will open a default Untitled  library.  

Please post an EtreCheck report https://etrecheck.com giving the application Full Disk Access in Privacy System Preferences. Copy the report and use the Add Text button to paste the result into reply box. 

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 7, 2023 2:20 PM in response to sharonfromredondo beach

Hold ⌥ ⌘ as you double click the library you want to open to launch the application. A dialog appears asking you if you want to Delete Preferences. If you don't do this while double-clicking your library, the application will open a default Untitled  library.  

Please post an EtreCheck report https://etrecheck.com giving the application Full Disk Access in Privacy System Preferences. Copy the report and use the Add Text button to paste the result into reply box. 

Feb 7, 2023 2:48 PM in response to Tom Wolsky

Thanks SO VERY MUCH, Tom. I tried it again. this time an application window opened up. I clicked FCPX from the window and it launched!!! It contained the Untitled Library. Found the library I was working on, opened it, and there it is!!!

You are a life saver!!!

Thanks a million!!!

Still, would like to know how to find that Untitled Library and get rid of it.

Final Cut Pro X won't launch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.