Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

magnetic charging cables

I'm new to iPhones and am trying to find a magnetic charging cable for my iPhone 11. Will a 60W USB-C to Lightening cable hurt it? TIA KBo

iPhone 11

Posted on Feb 7, 2023 2:26 PM

6 replies

Feb 8, 2023 9:50 PM in response to Tesserax

Interesting, as the multiple sellers on Amazon that I checked out seem to call the devices that plug into the wall as, charger blocks, wall chargers, or just chargers... Anyway, I'm including a link to one example of cable/tips for sale on Amazon if you want to check them out further... Thanks for your input. It is much appreciated. (You can tell I'm a newbie as I picked my answer as the best one, but can't seem to uncheck it... HAHA!)

Edit - Hmmmm didn't include the link will try again...

2nd edit - not there again... just search on YKZ Magnetic Charging Cable usb c

Feb 7, 2023 4:38 PM in response to Tesserax

No... it is a cable that has USB-C connector on one end to connect to the charger. Then, on the device you want to charge, you insert the correct connector type for that device, which connects magnetically to the other end of the charging cable. This allows you to disconnect the device at the magnet rather than needing to plug and unplug the cable from the device. The idea was to use the cable to charge devices with different connector types. However, for people who have diifficulties using their hands (like me), it makes it much easier to connect the device to the charger cable, saving wear and tear on both the hands and the receptacle connector on the device. A little wordy but I hope it makes sense.

Feb 8, 2023 8:43 AM in response to KBoDolphin

It does make sense, thanks for providing the additional details. To be honest, I have not had any experience with this particular type of cable/power adapter ... actually, I didn't even know they existed.

Regardless, your iPhone's "charger" is actually built into the phone itself. Devices that you would attach to it would be power adapters. From what you have described, this must be one of those adapters. Since the phone's charger is "smart," it know when to accept power or not ... pretty much what sberman is referring to as "fine."

magnetic charging cables

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.