Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Add a new address to Apple maps

Hello - I have a newly built house on a newly named road. How do I add this so it appears in Apple maps?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.6

Posted on Feb 7, 2023 8:53 PM

1 reply

Feb 7, 2023 9:43 PM in response to JayMorse

Hello,

You can report an issue with Maps. I included the instructions for that below. That being said, most mapping data is provided by local governments to map providers. You may want to check with your local city planners office to see if they can provide a timetable for when your new street and address will be updated.

If Maps isn't working on your Apple device - Apple Support

"Report an issue or add a missing place in Maps on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

1. In the Maps app, scroll down to the bottom of the screen.
  2. Tap Report an Issue. From this screen, you can report a street, place, or route issue, add a place to Maps, or report an incident.
  3. After you've chosen an issue, follow the onscreen instructions.

You can also edit your favorite places and update your home or work address.

Report an issue or add a missing place in Maps on your Mac

1. From the menu bar in Maps, choose Maps > Report an Issue.
  2. Choose an issue. From this screen, you can add a place to Maps or report a street or place issue. 
  3. Follow the onscreen instructions.

To report a missing place, from the menu bar in Maps, choose Maps > Add to Maps.

You can also edit your home or work address.

To report an issue or a missing place, you must have a Mac with Apple silicon, the Apple T2 Security Chip, or a Touch Bar."

I hope this helps.

Add a new address to Apple maps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.