Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Macintosh HD is occupying 250 GB out of 256, and I really don’t know how to delete stuff from there. I already tried deleting photos, files, games, it just doesn’t work, the problem is on the Macintosh HD that I can not get to.

My Macintosh HD is occupying 250 GB out of 256, and I really don’t know how to delete stuff from there. I already tried deleting photos, files, games, it just doesn’t work, the problem is on the Macintosh HD that I can not get to.

Posted on Feb 7, 2023 9:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 7, 2023 9:09 PM

Alex1515_ Said:

"My Macintosh HD is occupying 250 GB out of 256, and I really don’t know how to delete stuff from there. I already tried deleting photos, files, games, it just doesn’t work, the problem is on the Macintosh HD that I can not get to."

-------

Troubleshooting Highly-Full Mac:

Freeing Up a Desktop Mac Storage:

In more recent models, the internal Mac storage cannot be upgraded. It is what it is, even if you upgraded your iCloud Plan. So, clear pace manually.

Clear Space:

Try clearing internal storage. Do so, though use of the following:

What Space to Clear:

A. Clear Temporary Internet Files:

Clear your Temporary Internet Files(Cookies & Cache) of Safari:

• Cookies perform remembrance of certain site-entered data.
  • Cache keeps a snapshot of the last time you visited a site.

Go Here: Manage Cookies and Website Data in Safari on Mac - Apple Support

Also...

B. Clean TV and Music Libraries:

Remove all unneeded files from your TV and Music Libraries. Full-Movies take up 2-4GB typically, and a bunch of those would take up a load of storage, ideally. So, if you have any movies that are not needed, then delete them.

Also...

C.See these Links:

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 7, 2023 9:09 PM in response to Alex1515_

Alex1515_ Said:

"My Macintosh HD is occupying 250 GB out of 256, and I really don’t know how to delete stuff from there. I already tried deleting photos, files, games, it just doesn’t work, the problem is on the Macintosh HD that I can not get to."

-------

Troubleshooting Highly-Full Mac:

Freeing Up a Desktop Mac Storage:

In more recent models, the internal Mac storage cannot be upgraded. It is what it is, even if you upgraded your iCloud Plan. So, clear pace manually.

Clear Space:

Try clearing internal storage. Do so, though use of the following:

What Space to Clear:

A. Clear Temporary Internet Files:

Clear your Temporary Internet Files(Cookies & Cache) of Safari:

• Cookies perform remembrance of certain site-entered data.
  • Cache keeps a snapshot of the last time you visited a site.

Go Here: Manage Cookies and Website Data in Safari on Mac - Apple Support

Also...

B. Clean TV and Music Libraries:

Remove all unneeded files from your TV and Music Libraries. Full-Movies take up 2-4GB typically, and a bunch of those would take up a load of storage, ideally. So, if you have any movies that are not needed, then delete them.

Also...

C.See these Links:

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.