Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to activate Thunderbird Share Extension

I want to share file with Thunderbird (without having to first save them and then attach them in a new email)

In the extensions - I can see Thunderbird are there, but it is not possible to activate

How can I activate this so that my workflow is more smooth

MacBook Pro 14″, 13.2

Posted on Feb 7, 2023 11:44 PM

1 reply

Feb 9, 2023 2:24 PM in response to risna128

Hey there risna128,

The screenshot you've provided shows that whatever you’re trying to share can’t be shared using Thunderbird. To find out more, you can review the information on this page: Use the Share menu on Mac - Apple Support. Specifically, check out the section labeled 'Customize the Share menu.' It provides details on how the Share option works, and how to customize when available.

Customize the Share menu
1. On your Mac, choose Apple menu  > System Settings, then click Privacy & Security  in the sidebar. (You may need to scroll down.)
2. Go to Others at the bottom of the window on the right, then click Extensions.
3. Click Sharing.
4. Select the sharing extensions you want to include in the Share menu; deselect those you don’t want included.
5. If an extension is selected in Extensions settings, but it’s not shown in the Share menu, then whatever you’re trying to share can’t be shared using that extension. For example, you can share a webpage in Safari using AirDrop, but not selected text.
6. Click Done.

Kind regards!

Unable to activate Thunderbird Share Extension

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.