Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos album structure missing.

When I am in another application and want to upload a photo, I click on "Photos" in the sidebar and it pulls up my photos library, but no albums or folders, making it very difficult to find the photos I want from among the thousands in my library. This was not a problem before upgrading to Ventura. How can I get that album/folder structure back in the sidebar?

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 13.1

Posted on Feb 8, 2023 2:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 8, 2023 6:54 AM

It is a new feature of macOS 13 Ventura. The way the applications can access the photos in the Media Browser has changed. Unless an app has been updated by the developers, we will just be seeing a flat list of photos.

However, the search is now more versatile. When you are seeing the flat list of photos, use the search field to focus on the photos you want to use. You can search for a filename or a text in the title, a date, and more.

For example, uploading in in Safari, I have been looking for one of my photos of a polar bear and entered the German term "Eisbär":

Try to use the search field, until the apps you want to use, have been updated to comply with the new way how to access the Photos Library on Ventura. Or open Photos for Mac and drag the photos you want to use to the Desktop, then upload them from there.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 8, 2023 6:54 AM in response to SenecaBoater

It is a new feature of macOS 13 Ventura. The way the applications can access the photos in the Media Browser has changed. Unless an app has been updated by the developers, we will just be seeing a flat list of photos.

However, the search is now more versatile. When you are seeing the flat list of photos, use the search field to focus on the photos you want to use. You can search for a filename or a text in the title, a date, and more.

For example, uploading in in Safari, I have been looking for one of my photos of a polar bear and entered the German term "Eisbär":

Try to use the search field, until the apps you want to use, have been updated to comply with the new way how to access the Photos Library on Ventura. Or open Photos for Mac and drag the photos you want to use to the Desktop, then upload them from there.

Photos album structure missing.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.