Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I want Face ID on my iPad

I want to Face ID on my iPad , where do I go to activate it

Posted on Feb 8, 2023 4:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 8, 2023 4:30 AM

All models of iPad in recent years support either TouchID or FaceID - but not both. If your iPad has TouchID, it does not support FaceID.

All iPad models that support TouchID have a physical Home Button at bottom centre of the screen - within which is the TouchID sensor - or for iPad10, Air4, Air5 and mini6, incorporate the TouchID sensor within the Top (Sleep/Wake) button.

iPad models supporting FaceID have a FaceID sensor (consisting of an Infrared Dot Projector and TrueDepth Camera array) - this sensor being absent from iPad models that support TouchID.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 8, 2023 4:30 AM in response to yewande192

All models of iPad in recent years support either TouchID or FaceID - but not both. If your iPad has TouchID, it does not support FaceID.

All iPad models that support TouchID have a physical Home Button at bottom centre of the screen - within which is the TouchID sensor - or for iPad10, Air4, Air5 and mini6, incorporate the TouchID sensor within the Top (Sleep/Wake) button.

iPad models supporting FaceID have a FaceID sensor (consisting of an Infrared Dot Projector and TrueDepth Camera array) - this sensor being absent from iPad models that support TouchID.

I want Face ID on my iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.