Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 14 pro and icloud

how to delete photos from phone 14 without deleting in iCloud

Posted on Feb 8, 2023 5:14 AM

4 replies

Feb 9, 2023 3:20 PM in response to jatjt

Thanks for reaching out jatjt,

It sounds like you're looking to delete photos on your iPhone but are concerned about them being removed in iCloud. We can help.

Keep in mind that iCloud is not a backup service, it is a syncing service. That is, when you connect devices to iCloud you can share all your data between them. On the other hand, if you delete files on any connected device, they are deleted everywhere.

If you want to make sure your photos are safe, you can Transfer photos and videos from your iPhone or iPad to your Mac or PC.

Some other options you can check out:

Hope that helps.

Take care.

Feb 11, 2023 7:45 AM in response to AdvisorMP

Thnx for reply but, the prob is when you delete from one device, you delete from all devices --- all my photos are on my iMac & I want them to stay on the iMac but I don't want all of them on my phone.

I would like to delete a 200 or more from my iPhone 14 pro without the photos being removed from my iMac & iCloud - anyone know how to get that done.

thnx

Feb 11, 2023 2:28 PM in response to jatjt

jatjt,

We know that you'd like to delete a couple of photos from your iPhone and don't want them to be deleted from your iMac. However, since iCloud is a syncing service, it will also be deleted from your iMac once you delete a photo from your iPhone.

The only way to accomplish what you originally posted would be to follow the suggestions in the resources you were previously provided.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have other questions.

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities.

Cheers!

iPhone 14 pro and icloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.